The Pharmacy Council of Ghana is proud to announce an upcoming orientation program tailored to prepare candidates for the imminent Ghana Pharmacy Technicians Qualifying Examination (GPTQE). This program is designed to empower candidates from nine accredited training institutions nationwide, who have successfully completed their academic training in Pharmacy Technician courses. The primary goal of this orientation is to bridge the knowledge gap that became evident following the underwhelming performance of previous candidates in the maiden exam. This preparatory event is designed to equip candidates with a comprehensive understanding of the examination's purpose, format, and key aspects.
The orientation is a significant step towards ensuring that future pharmacy technicians in Ghana are not only well-prepared academically but are also equipped with the knowledge, skills, and professionalism required for their roles.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1. Clarity of Purpose: This orientation aims to provide candidates with a clear understanding of the GPTQE, its significance, and the expected outcomes. This clarity will help candidates appreciate the importance of this step in their professional journey.
2. Format Familiarization: To ensure candidates are well-prepared, the program's objective is to acquaint them with the format of the GPTQE. This includes the structure, question types, and assessment criteria to eliminate uncertainties.
3. Enhanced Knowledge: The orientation aims to enrich candidates' knowledge in key subject areas related to pharmacy practice. This will equip them with the skills and insights required to excel in the examination.
4. Performance Improvement: Building on past experiences, one of the primary objectives is to raise the overall performance level of candidates. Through targeted guidance and practice, the goal is to help them perform at their best.
5. Professionalism Development: Beyond exam readiness, the program seeks to teach professionalism among candidates. This includes understanding the ethics and responsibilities associated with the pharmacy profession and contributing to a more skilled and ethical workforce.
4:00 pm - 4:05 pm: Welcome and Introduction
- Welcome to participants and introduction to the purpose for the orientation.
4:05 pm - 4:15 pm: Understanding the GPTQE
- Overview of the GPTQE, its significance, and format.
4:15 pm - 4:30 pm: Key Exam Tips
- Essential tips for effective exam preparation and performance.
4:30 pm - 4:55 pm: Q&A Session
- Question and answer session.
4:55 pm - 5:00 pm: Closing and Next Steps
- Summary of the key takeaways, contact information for further queries, and conclusion of the orientation.