DESCRIPTION/SUMMARY OF THE EVENT OBJECTIVES
1. To engage the Experts in conversations with their Stakeholders and Clients on the need for and how to achieve Teamwork for Better Healthcare Delivery and the achievement of the SDGs with special reference to health-related issues.
2. To promote the concept of “One Health” which recognizes that the health of humans, animals and ecosystems are interconnected. It involves applying a coordinated, collaborative, multidisciplinary, and cross-sectoral approach to address potential or existing risks that originate at the animal-human-ecosystems interface. Regardless of which of the many definitions of One Health is used, the common theme is collaboration across sectors. Collaborating across sectors that have a direct or indirect impact on health involves thinking and working across silos and optimizing resources and efforts while respecting the autonomy of the various sectors.
3. To promote the “No one is safe until everyone is safe ”declaration by the Committee on Social Affairs, Health and Sustainable Development of the Council of Europe as a result of its concern about the rapidly evolving Covid-19 pandemic situation in Europe and worldwide. The Committee adopted the “No one is safe until everyone is safe” Declaration on 1 December 2021. The Committee insisted that global equitable distribution is vital in order to protect public health.
4. To follow up with three SPECIALISTS ROUNDTABLE MEETINGS to concretize the necessary actions to be taken to teach and entrench the concept and practice of teamwork among healthcare professionals for better healthcare delivery and sustainable development.
5. To make recommendations for appropriate actions to be taken by Policy Makers, Regulators, Healthcare Professionals, Training Institutions, Clients, and Stakeholders to ensure better healthcare delivery and sustainable development.
6. To disseminate such information and recommendations as widely as possible for the benefit of all in Ghana, Africa and Globally.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
The following are invited to register to attend either in-person or virtually: Doctors, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, OTC Medicine Sellers, Nurses, Midwives, Bio-medical Scientists, Public Health Practitioners, Representatives of Health Associations and Societies, CEOs of Teaching Hospitals, Private Hospitals, and Diagnostic Centers, Officials of Health Training Institutions, Officials of The Ministry of Health and The Ghana Health Service, Student Health Professionals, Health Insurance Companies, Banks, Investors, Representatives of United Nations Agencies and other International Organisations, NGOs, Media Representatives, and Interested Individuals.
CALL FOR PAPERS
You may email your paper or message in word format on any aspect of the theme of the Forum to [email protected] if you wish to have it published in the proceedings of the Forum and in the Health & Development News-Online. Authors of selected papers will be notified accordingly.
The deadline for submission of papers in word format is Friday, 10 March 2023.
THIS EVENT IS ORGANISED IN COLLABORATION WITH
REGISTRATION AND ATTENDANCE IS FREE FOR ALL
CALL FOR SPONSORS
We are calling for Sponsors to make generous contributions in cash and in-kind to support this 1st ANNUAL HEALTH & DEVELOPMENT FORUM 2023 and the three follow-up EXPERTS ROUND TABLE SESSIONS that have been planned to take place in May, June, and July 2023 to collate ideas and recommendations for entrenching the concept and the practice of Teamwork Among Healthcare Professionals for Better Healthcare & Sustainable Development in Ghana, Africa, and Globally.
IN RETURN, WE ARE OFFERING OUR SPONSORS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
• The logo will appear on all our promotional materials and publications.
• Sponsors will be mentioned in all our promotional announcements.
• Free advertisements for Sponsors in the FORUM BROCHURE.
• Presentation of Goodwill Message during the FORUM.
• Screening of Sponsor’s promotional video during the FORUM and online.
• Sponsors will reach the people who really matter to their businesses all at once in the most cost-effective manner.
• Sponsors will enhance their corporate and brand image tremendously while supporting a worthy cause.
This event will take place at the British Council Auditorium, Accra, Ghana
For further details, please email us at [email protected]