This course is targeted at community pharmacists and all pharmacists with interest in community pharmacy practice to help them gain an in-depth understanding of the unique roles that community pharmacists play when it comes to diabetes and it’s related complications management in covid times.
1. What diabetes is with regards to it’s modern day definition
2. Diabetes Epidemiology, projections and it’s pandemic proportions
3. Risks of COVID-19 infections and complications in patients with diabetes
4. Management strategies relevant to people with diabetes (including foot care)
5. The role of community pharmacists in diabetes management in COVID-19 era
6. Sick day management and diabetes supplies during the COVID-19 pandemic
FWACP, MAACE, MSc, PGDip, Endo. MBChB, BSc, Cert. HAM
Senior Lecturer, Consultant Physician, Diabetologist, and Endocrinologist
Director – National Diabetes Management and Research Centre (NDMRC)
Dr Yakoba Atiase is the Director of the National Diabetes Management and Research Centre (NDMRC). She is also a Senior Lecturer at the University of Ghana Medical School.View full profile / courses
Pharm.D, FGCPharm, MPSGh.
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist / Lecturer
Head of Pharmaceutical Services – International Maritime Hospital.
Dr Marc K. Dzradosi has over fifteen (15) years’ experience in Hospital based Clinical Pharmacy Services, Academia, Research, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Nutrition, and Exercise Science.View full profile / courses